How Female Condoms Work
Female condoms have a rim on each end. You place the end with a closed rim as far as you can inside your vagina and let the open end cover the front of your vagina. When you have sex, your partner’s penis enters your vagina through the condom tube.
The condom keeps sperm out of your uterus (your womb), which prevents you from getting pregnant. Plus, the condom protects you and your partner from STDs because neither of you come in contact with the other’s sexual fluids.
If the condom breaks or you don’t use it correctly, you aren’t protected from pregnancy or STDs. You should make sure:
- The package isn’t damaged before you use the condom.
- The condom hasn’t expired.
- You use the condom the entire time you have sex.
- The condom doesn’t tear.
- Your partner’s penis stays inside the condom and doesn’t slip outside of it.
- The condom doesn’t come out during sex.
- The outer part of the condom doesn’t go inside your vagina.
Benefits of Female Condoms
One of the biggest advantages of female condoms is that you can buy them without a prescription or a visit to your doctor for an exam.
Female condoms also make life easier by allowing you to prepare for sex. You can put one in up to 8 hours in advance. Your partner may also have a more comfortable experience since female condoms can fit a range of penis sizes. You may also enjoy extra stimulation to your clitoris from the outer ring. Plus, you can use any kind of lubricant with it.
Other benefits include:
- Works instantly
- Your partner doesn’t need to remove their penis as soon as they ejaculate
- Good for people who are allergic to latex
- An erect penis isn’t needed to keep it in place
- Has little to no side effects
- OK for anal sex.
Disadvantages of Female Condoms
Female condoms do have disadvantages. Compared to male condoms, they have a higher failure rate, are harder to find in stores, and can be more expensive.
Couples sometimes don’t like to see the outer ring and find the condom to be noisy during sex. Other possible negatives include:
- Uncomfortable putting in the condom
- Allergic reaction to it that causes pain and an itchy or burning feeling
- Discomfort while using the condom
- Potential urinary tract infection (UTI) if the condom stays in too long
A female condom might not be right for you if you’re allergic to lab-made latex, nitrile, or polyurethane or if you think it might not work properly in your vagina.
Hybrid lube ✅
We know you want to get your hands on your toys as soon as possible, depending on the service you select your order should take from the time of shipping:
UK: From 1 Business Day.
Europe: From 2 Business Days (from France).
Canada: from 4 business days (from Canada = no customs risk).
USA: From 2-4 Business Days
Australia: From 4-6 Business Days.
Israel: From 3-4 Business days.
Switzerland: From 2 Business days. Longer option but from Switzerland so no risk of border control.
Due to ecological aspect, Obsessd decided to ban plastic and boxes.
All their toys are delivered in ecological cotton bags.
It’s lighter, take less space and release less CO2 in transport.